What is Reiki?
Reiki is an ancient mode of energy healing that involves hand placements over certain areas of the body, primarily the main seven chakras, as well as parts of the lower legs and feet. The client remains fully clothed.
There are many different types of Reiki, but all are offshoots of traditional Usui Reiki, which is what I practice. Usui Reiki involves light touch, or non-touch, depending on what the client prefers.
The word Reiki is Japanese, and translates as Rei (Universal Life Force), and Ki (Energy). This energy is also known as chi in Chinese, as in the popular “exercise” known as Tai Chi. Reiki is not associated with any religion or religious practice.
Reiki attunes to the energies present in the body, and aids in tuning or harmonizing the energetic system. It dramatically reduces stress and aids in the development of a healthy body and mind. It has the ability to speed up the healing of physical ailments, calm the mind, and heal emotional wounds.
It is important to note that Reiki continues to work on the recipient for several days after a session is complete. However, as with any type of treatment, results improve and are more life-changing with repeated sessions. Reiki truly is remarkable and offers a long list of benefits.
- Pain management
- Relaxes muscles and tension
- Relieves fatigue
- Increases energy and vitality
- Clears toxins
- Promotes sleep
- Balances energies
- Strengthens natural self-healing processes
Emotional and Mental:
- Relaxes the body and mind
- Soothes emotional distress
- Promotes feelings of calmness and well-being
- Encourages emotional release and healing
- Helps unlock suppressed feelings
- Promotes a peaceful and positive outlook
- Relieves stress
- Clears, unblocks, and aligns chakras
- Clears auric field of external psychic debris
- Supports personal and spiritual growth